Microdermabrasion is a noninvasive cosmetic procedure. The goal is to make the complexion smoother, brighter and the texture more even. It can be used to enhance the results of anti-aging or skin-bleaching products and works well as a way to clean out clogged pores. It is a useful alternative for patients whose skin is too sensitive to use anti-acne drugs.
This procedure works on all skin types and colors. It makes subtle changes, causing no skin color change or scarring. It is not effective for deeper problems such as scars, stretch marks, wrinkles or deep acne scars. However, repeated procedures at regular intervals influence the way the lower layers of skin grow, removing deeper blemishes over time.
Microdermabrasion is done to overcome skin problems like:
- Uneven skin tone & texture
- Age spots and acne scars
- Dullness in the complexion
- Dark spots or blackheads
- Superficial and light scars
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Microdermabrasion is used to thoroughly exfoliate the skin.
- This procedure doesn’t require any anesthetic or numbing cream.
- A small tube-like tool is used to stream micro-fine crystals over the skin to remove the dead cell layer and encourage the formation of a new spotless layer of skin.
- The consistent movement of the tool over the target area is required, applying even and steady pressure to remove the upper skin layer without affecting the lower layers.
- After the procedure, it is advisable to avoid direct sunlight exposure to the treatment area. Sunscreen is a must before going outdoors.
- It will help to apply moisturizing cream over the treated spots.
- Recovery of the skin is within 1-2 days.
- Multiple sessions may be advised by the doctor for long-lasting results and healthier skin.
- After the first treatment itself, there will be changes in the skin tone and an overall clearer skin.
- After the procedure, the effectiveness of skin creams is increased as they are absorbed deeper into the skin.
Microdermabrasion is basically an exfoliation and skin rejuvenation procedure that leaves the skin looking softer and brighter. Dr Amit Bhalotia has the latest equipment that can make the skin look flawless using this technique!