Hair Transplant - FUE Technique ( Scarless )
What is Hair Transplant?
Hair transplant is a procedure used to cover an area of scalp with sparse or no hair by moving hair from other denser areas of the scalp. Hair-transplant looks and feels so natural that it is hard for anyone to tell the difference. The main difference between this and other hair recovery methods is the long lasting effect that transplant provides. Recent advancements in medical technology have not only made the dream of restoring one’s hair a reality, but also made naturally looking results an easy task.
Dr. Amit Bhalotia is an expert in the technique of hair-transplantation. He has successfully done numerous hair-transplant procedures by using FUE technique.
Goals of Hair Transplant
- To cover bald/thinning spots on the scalp
- To increase the quantity of hair
Methods of Hair Transplant
Hair transplant procedures are usually done in 2 ways i.e. Follicular Unit Strip Surgery (FUSS) and Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE).
The parts from which hair is taken for transplant are usually those less likely to lose hair. The removal of hair is done very carefully with least damage to the surrounding hair or skin.
FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction or Follicular Unit Transplantation)
FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction) is a type of hair-transplant procedurethat involves harvestinghair roots from a donor areaof the body, usually the sides and back of the head and placing them in the balding area.The main advantage of this technique is that the results are permanent and satisfying.
- The donor and recipient areas are marked out before the procedure.
- Individual hair follicles are extracted from the donor area.
- These follicles are then implanted in areas with no or thin hair.
- The extraction and transplant is done using instruments specifically designed for this procedure.
- This procedure needs delicate handling and precise implantation leading to it being a lengthy process.
- It can be done in one long sitting or multiple sessions as suitable.
This surgery leaves only very small puncture scars which are hardly visible, painless and heal within 6-7 days.The transplanted hair may fall after a few days but new and strong hair will grow from the implanted hair roots giving a natural look.