Facial rejuvenation refers to the combination of cosmetic procedures used to restore your facial features to their previous youthful form. If you are considering facial rejuvenation seriously, you need to consult someone like Dr. Amit Bhalotia who understands the science of facial aging and is an expert in face lift surgery. He will guide on what kind of treatments you need from a range like botox fillers,brow lift, chin lift, neck lift, etc. Any or a combination of procedures can be used as per need and the desired effect.
- If volume enhancement using fat transfer is desired for facial rejuvenation, it is typically performed first with fat grafting to the lacking regions. The fat is harvested from other areas of the body and then transferred into the desired regions.
- Depending on the degree of skin looseness on the face, either a limited cut or a more extensive face lift is performed. For facelift, the skin flaps are lifted and trimmed or undermined as needed, then the flaps are moved to remove the excess skin and secured with stitches. Once the cuts are closed, laser resurfacing can be done to improve the quality of the skin surface.
- Eyelid surgery, brow lift or facial implants can be performed in addition to enhance the appearance.
- Erasing wrinkles around the eyes can be done. Botox can be injected in the muscles of the forehead to give a smooth appearance, eradicate wrinkles and provide a brow lift effect.
- Fillers can be injected to erase the fine lines around the mouth, to add volume to the lips and to fill the folds extending from the nose to the mouth.
- Fat can also be used at this point to add volume to the lips and to camouflage the deep line that runs from the corner of the lip to the jaw line (Marionette lines).
- Skin lightening creams and other conservative methods can be used to eliminate pigmentation, diminish the appearance of bags under the eyes and help reverse skin damage as a result of sun exposure.
Recovery and Result
Recovery depends upon how you follow all the patient care instructions given by the doctor. Youwill be provided detailed information about subtle symptoms that you will experience and also potential signs of any complications. It is important to realize that the amount of time it takes for recovery, varies greatly among individuals.
Although it is impossible to totally reverse the natural aging process and the effects of the pull of gravity, the results of facial rejuvenation arefairly long lasting. The complementary procedures like filler and toxin injections, which can be repeated periodically,help maintain a youthful appearance.